Saturday, September 09, 2006

Blogfog

(P.S. I had trouble with this and posted it as a comment under Douglas Flemming's welcome blog (duh, mummy brain) so here it is as a real blog.

Hi there,My name is Madelaine and I am in the LLED 315 course...my baby is napping so I am taking this opportunity to Blog. I hope this is the correct place? Well, Nicoletta and I are considering doing a group presentation on culture shock in the ESL classroom...any ideas? I know personally that culture shock really does exist. I had read about it prior to going to Japan, and thought: "this won't happen to me", but sure enough it did happen...its severity differs from case to case, but in my case, I went through the honeymoon, and then hating it phases as categorized in the provincial outline that we looked at today. But it can be very difficult for some people, bringing on intense feelings of isolation and disorientation, and is something that I feel, all ESL instructors should be aware of.Thanks and have a great weekend everyone! :)
6:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home